Thursday, May 24, 2007

Pregnancy Post

1. Was your first pregnancy planned? no
2. Were you married at the time? yes
3. What were your reactions? I was scared and afraid but I'd wanted a baby for a very long time. My husband on the other hand FREAKED out, and went out and got drunk.
4. Was abortion an option for you? NEVER
5. How old were you?26
6. How did you find out you were pregnant? I have a hormone imbalance, so I honestly thought that I was just late because of that. My neighbor, who was a friend of mine, convinced me to do a test. I did it, and got a really faint positive result. I had to go over to her house and have her help me read it because it was so faint I wasn't even sure it was positive.
7. Who did you tell first? the neighbor lady, then I made an appointment at the clinic. I had the clinic write a note to my husband because I knew he wouldn't believe me. He was very angry about the situation (although he had no reason to be, he should know what causes that, right?).
8. Did you want to find out the sex? WELL, we didn't really agree about that because he couldn't be there for the ultrasound, so our compromise was to have the lady write it in an envelope and seal it.
9. Due date? December 9th
10. Did you have morning sickness? Yes, I did at first. Although my husband told me that it was all in my head. (see there are many reasons we aren't married anymore)
11. What did you crave? Bananas
12. Who/What irritated you most? I was made nauseous by toothpaste and the smell perfume and cologne.
13. What was your child's sex? female
14. Did you wish you had the opposite sex of what you had? no, I'd always wanted a little girl, and now that I'm raising her on my own I'm even more thankful that she's a girl.
15. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 40 plus, I'm not even sure. At then end I stopped weighing myself. It was too depressing. I do know that I have to lose 8 more pounds before I'm back to my pre-pregnancy weight.
16. Did you have a baby shower? yes
17. Was it a surprise or did you know? I knew about it
8. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? nothing major
19. Where did you give birth? Madison Community Hospital
20. How many hours were you in labor? 17 hours
21. Who drove you to the hospital? my husband
22. Who watched you give birth? my mom and my husband, (Lisa and Barb were right outside the door and Sara was at school cheering me on)
23. Was it natural or c-section? natural
24. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? YES
25. How much did your child weigh? 8 lbs 1/2 oz
26. When was your child actually born? 2:04 p.m. on December 8th 2004
27. What did you name him/her? Onna Jean
28. How old is your first born today? She is 2 1/2 years old

Please feel free to share your 1st pregnancy if you would like.

4 comments:

  1. I think I have told you before how happy I am that you have beautiful Onna right!! I remember walking the halls of the hospital and feeling your pain...oh wait maybe that is because I was so dang TIRED from working all night and refusing to sleep till she got here!! Love ya lots!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Onna is one special little girl!

    My youngest was born on Dec 7!

    Your cakes are beautiful Kari! I am so glad you posted pictures of them! So, let's talk about getting one shipped to PA! lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb, I very much remember you walking the halls right along with me~ and being very concerned about my water breaking while you were still on duty! LOL

    I forgot to mention the back labor part of it. That was awful. If it wasn't for you and mom I know I wouldn't have made it through that (oh yeah and Darrel, He deserves a lot of the credit too!) Thank goodness for good meds!

    Momma Roar, maybe you should take a road trip sometime to SD. There are a whole bunch of us blogger moms here. I'd make a really special cake for that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your pregnancy with us.

    ReplyDelete