Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Swimming lessons

Onna has her last lesson today for this session of swimming lessons. At the beginning of the summer I signed her up for two sessions of Level 1, because I was SURE that she wouldn't pass the first time around. Well, now she is just finishing up the first time through and I'm not so sure, I guess I'll know in a couple of hours. I'm not a lifeguard, but I think that she's meeting all of the requirements. If she passes, I going to pull her out of the second session. I thought about putting her in Level 2, but after watching them (they meet at the same time) I don't think Onna is big/strong enough to do what they need to do. I think I want her to end on a positive note for the summer. Then next year, she can go in and be bigger and stronger and have a good experience. That is, if she passes.

I have a GOLF TOURNAMENT, to "golf" in today. It's not so much about "golfing" as it is about socializing today. It's the Ladies' Fun Day tournament. There are 24 (4-person) teams signed up so far. It will be a crazy-fun day! I'm excited to get to golf for a change instead of having to work!

The rest of the week will be super busy.

Tomorrow is men's day on the course, and weather-permitting Onna and I might have plans after work. There is a family that we are friends with that have horses. That is Onna's latest obsession, and I have talked to them about coming out and riding. They said that we could come out, but last week, the weather didn't cooperate. Hopefully this week it does.

Friday night, we have a glow-ball tourney that starts at dark, so that will be a late night.

Saturday, I don't have to work, but the Firemen have a golf tournament and supper. I will get to golf again. Twice in one week, I think that's some kind of a record or something!

I'm not sure what my plans are for Sunday. After this crazy week, I might not get out of bed! We'll have to see what happens. John has to drive to Missouri to pick up his niece and nephew. They live in Texas, and he meets them half way. They will be here for two weeks for a visit.

So that is our next several days... if you happen to get by the golf course, don't laugh too hard. Usually I'm INSIDE the course, not playing, so my game is NOT GOOD, but I'm going to HAVE FUN! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment