I talked to my boss at the golf course the other day. I told him that I do not want to work school nights once school starts. That news did not go over well. He took it that I "do not want to work". I do "want to work". I already work full-time at the school. It's too bad because it does leave him in pinch though because previously I've worked 2-3 "school nights" a week. I'm still going to do my weekend shifts.
I figured it out and I worked 55-60 hours a week from the end of January until school got out in May. I don't have it in me to do that again. Onna does gymnastics once a week, so we are gone for that. Then by the time I work, I don't have much time left to be a parent, at least not a good parent.
She is going to be 5 years old in December. These years are FLYING by. I don't want her to remember her childhood as a time when her mom was always working.
In bringing up children, spend on them half as much money and twice as much
time. ~ Author Unknown
So, even though I might be broke during the next several months, I'm doing what is right. I know we will make it. We always do.
No comments:
Post a Comment