Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

We had a busy weekend here. That's nothing unusual, right?

Friday evening, I worked and Onna stayed with Grandma and Grandpa. I worked again Saturday morning/day shift. I got home around 4:30/5:00. We were invited to a birthday party for a co-worker of mine, but it was at the golf course. I didn't feel like going back there again. Onna and I just hung out at home.

Sunday morning, we got up and John took us out to breakfast. Then we drove around town for a little bit. Onna asked why he didn't take us straight home, and he said it was because he liked us so much. She told him that she liked him more than "banilla ice-cream" (that's her favorite).

Sunday evening, we went to Larry the Cable Guy in Brookings. It was a great show. My mom, dad, sister (Lisa) and her fiance (Mike), Eric and one of his friends, John and I all went. We had awesome seats because my sister (Sara) is an excellent shopper! She was supposed to go with us, but had to miss out. Bummer... we missed her! We had a bit of a glitch with the babysitter situation (like she didn't show up or call until 40 minutes AFTER we were planning to leave). Thankfully I have an AWESOME back-up babysitter. Marilyn Eggert watched Onna with NO notice after a day of Confirmation and Mother's Day with her own family. I owe her big-time!

School is almost done. We have this week left with the Seniors. Graduation is on Saturday. Then next week we have the rest of the students back to make up for snow days. There is a board meeting tonight to decide about the following Tuesday. We are supposed to have school that day too, but the board could decide to make it a teacher work day instead of a class day. Then students would have to come back after Memorial Day for one (wasted) day. If they have a teacher work day, I probably won't have to come back either. They pay me by the hour, so they like to NOT have me there whenever possible.

On a good note, I got some child support today! $92.08!! It's the first payments since 9/9/08, so I'm kind of excited. It was a garnishment, so hopefully he'll keep this job for a little while, so I'll get a few more payments. So far (since July 2006) he's never made more than 3 payments in a row. He currently owes me $6548.99. Every little bit helps, but I never count on anything.

I better get Onna off to bed. It's only Monday, to early in the week to get overtired....

No comments:

Post a Comment