Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Headaches, Medicine, Weight GAIN

ERR, I'm so frustrated! I've been having headaches again, and I was just back to the doctor about 10 days ago. He added a new med (Remeron) to my ever growing list. This one is supposed to help me sleep better. The problem is that I've already had issues with my Effexor XR causing some weight gain. I also take Topamax. Topamax is the one that has the "bad" side effects that I've mentioned before. The websites lists them: "Weakness, tiredness, drowsiness, dizziness, confusion, difficulty concentrating, tingling of the hands/feet, loss of appetite, weight loss." I'm at the maximum dosage that my body can handle. The doctor wanted me on a higher dosage, but when I tried to go up, I got really sick! I had double vision, headaches, nausea and confusion. It was terrible, so I went back down.

So here I am, still having headaches, and gaining weight. I'm now reaching numbers that I haven't seen since I was pregnant. I HATE it! It's so depressing. I feel fat and ugly, and I have a headache, which makes me just want to lay on the couch even more!

I have an appointment with my family doctor on Thursday. I'm going to ask for a referral to a neurologist. Both of my sisters have gone to one for their migraines. I haven't yet. Maybe that will help to get the right combination of meds for me to get the headaches and my sleep problems under control. I guess I'll just have to wait and see.... Hopefully I don't balloon up too big in the mean time....

1 comment:

  1. God I hope they figure something out. I would think all the meds you are on that some of them combined sounds like that would cause me to get a headache. Hopefully if they send you to a neurologist they can figure out something way better than what you are doing now. How are things with your man going? Haven't heard you mention him lately?

    ReplyDelete