I have lots of things to "talk" about today.
The first thing is that Onna had her first dentist appointment today. She did an awesome job! I'd been coaching her for a couple weeks now. We'd talked about the chair, the funny light, etc. I'd forgotten to tell her about his mask and glasses, but she adjusted well once I explained them to her this morning. The dentist that we went to is new in town. He's just finished dental school and did a rotation under our dentist. He liked it so much here he decided to stay. (He must be crazy!) Anyway, my talkative daughter was jabbering away right up until he walked into the room. All of a sudden she was completely quiet with her mouth clenched shut. As he asked her questions she looked straight forward and would NOT answer anything. So then he said to her that he was going to "count her teeth" and asked her to open wide, and she DID! After that she did everything as asked and was done in no time (she still wouldn't talk to him though). The best news was NO cavities!
Another thing that I thought I'd mention is that Michael, Onna's imaginary friend, has been around a lot again lately. I have to share one really funny story. I had taken Onna to daycare on a Tuesday morning. Tuesdays are rough for us because we have to be there early (8:00). I usually take Onna in her pajamas and get her dressed there. That morning, I was helping her to get dressed while she was sitting on the potty. She was waking up while sitting there, and
she said to me, "Michael's here today Mom."
I said, "He is huh?"
She said, "Yeah but he's naked."
I said, "Well, if he's going to be at daycare he better get dressed before he goes out with the other kids."
She got this funny little smirk on her face (and she was finally awake) and said to me, "It's ok Mom. He's imaginary no one else can SEE him!"
Another "issue" that I'm having has to do with Onna's birthday. You see it's not until December, but I always start shopping early. I have to because I watch for sales and shop around for the best deal. I always know what I'm going to buy people several weeks and usually months before their birthday. Onna and I have been talking about what she might want for her birthday. When I asked her about it she paused for several seconds and then answered, "I think I have enough toys. I don't need any presents."
Okay that would be great, except that she will change her mind about that when the time comes, AND I would be the worst mom in the world if I actually didn't give her any presents. The problems is she really does have tons of toys, clothes, books, puzzles, movies, etc. I don't know what to even think about buying for her. Last year I got her the dollhouse, and the year before that she got her kitchen set. I thought about a swing set, but she has the separate swings, teater-toter, and slide already. She has a bike.... I don't know what to do.... any suggestions??
They next 10 days are going to be nothing but work and cake decorating at my house. My Grandpa and Grandma are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary and I have relatives coming from all over. I'm excited about that part of it. I'm not excited about decorating cakes for 275 people! I don't do big parties. I don't like them. I don't have the room or the patience. My aunt asked me to do it 1 1/2 years ago when it was going to be a "get-together" with the family. Now it's evolved into this huge deal and a MAJOR amount of cake. Plus all of the other orders that I have coming in. I'll be glad when this is over.
So that's it for now... If you get bored and want to spread some frosting on a cake for me... come on over!
No comments:
Post a Comment