The other day we were walking to the Post Office. We stopped to watch a caterpillar walking across the sidewalk. She asked a lot of questions about the "cat-e-piw-er".
Then she asked, "Can witto kids STEP ON cat-e-piw-ers?".
I replied, "Why would you want to do that?"
Then she said, "Well, can witto kids HOLD cat-e-piw-ers?"
I told her that since I wasn't sure what kind of caterpillar it was, we should probably just look at the caterpillar. She decided that was okay.
There are two new babies that have started at daycare, so she's been really concerned about what babies can and can not do. She also had a lot of time that she's been pretending to be a baby. I've had to really work hard at being patient with her while she crawls around and pretends to wear diapers.
Another story is kind of gross, but it made me laugh. She was going potty, and I heard the usual, "Mom, wipe the butt, please!" So I went in there, and she was looking at her poop.
She said, "That's a boat!"
I asked, "a boat?"
She said, "yeah, a POOP BOAT!" and then laughed hysterically!
I think for Onna's age (she'll be three in December) her language ability and vocabulary is very good. She has some letters that she has trouble pronouncing. Most of the time I can understand her, because I hear what she means, not so much she says. The one thing I notice the most is that she pronounces her F's as B's. The only time this is a big problem is when she is trying to pronounce the word FISH. If we are in a store and she says this word. People give us some funny looks until I translate for her, and say, "Yeah that is a FISH!" The other word that comes out bad is FOOT, because it sounds like butt.
She also has cute names for the people in our family and our pets. Grandma and Grandpa are Gamma and Gampa. My sister, Sara, is Ra-ra. Mercedez is Macedez and Zoie is Doie.
I guess overall she's doing well. I hadn't done a post about her for a while, and I thought the "witto" kids thing was cute, so I wanted to share it.


Oh my that was funny!! It was nice to see you again this week!! Talk to you soon!
ReplyDelete