Sunday, July 15, 2007

Time Flies!!

Wow this week went FAST!!

I worked on Tuesday and Wednesday. Then on Thursday Onna and I decided to go to the zoo! I've been wanting to take her to the zoo in Sioux Falls ever since we got rained on during our trip to Watertown. I was looking at the schedule and realized that really aren't very many weeks left before school starts. When I was working Wednesday evening I saw the forecast for Thursday and decided that since I had the day off, we were going to go! We had a lot of fun, but were disappointed that the big cat exhibit is under construction. Onna really enjoyed watching the camel, because it was playing in the dust. She also like the little monkeys, because they were jumping around on the ropes. The bears were interesting because they were "playing" in the water. After the zoo, we stopped at Wal-mart for some essentials before heading home. It was a fun, but very looonng day!

On Friday, Onna slept in then after lunch we went swimming. In the afternoon we headed over to Madison. We dropped an old toaster off at Barb's for Jordon to take apart. Then we went over to Laura's for Sean 's (and Sophia's) birthday party. It was a nice afternoon, and Onna had a lot of fun. I think I tried to pack too much stuff into two days for her though. She probably would have enjoyed it more, if she wouldn't have been quite so tired.

Saturday morning, I had to work, so JoLee came over to babysit Onna. JoLee is a neighbor girl that does a GREAT job with her. Onna likes her a lot, and I trust her. We had a tournament at the golf course and had 72 people golfing. It was a hot day, so we sold a LOT of beer! That's good for the cash register, but it's a lot of work! When I got home last night I baked a couple cakes that have to be decorated by Wednesday. Then we went over to some friends' house. They just got back from a trip to Azerbaijan. They had a foreign exchange student from there last year, and now they got to go visit her. They invited us over to tell us all about their trip.

This morning I had to work again. My mom babysat today. We serve brunch at the golf course, and I estimate that we served about 60 people. Then I had about 18 for dinner, so it was a pretty busy day. Onna slept in really late today. She's resting now, so I might lay down with her for a little while. I don't want her to sleep too long though. I think I'll try to wake her up around 7:00 and then take her swimming, so that she'll sleep decent tonight.

I'm "off" tomorrow, but I have to finish that cakes for Wednesday. On Tuesday I work a day shift and it will be busy, because we have junior golf in the morning, and then I have to get a bunch of food ready for a ladies' tournament (that will be on Wednesday) in the afternoon. On Wednesday I have to deliver the cakes and then I have to work in the afternoon. There will be about 90 ladies golfing in the tournament, so it will be a busy, and LATE night!

This summer is going so fast. I'm glad that there has been nice weather. It makes it actually feel like summer now. Before we know it we'll be back in school!

5 comments:

  1. I like how you say your off but....always something to do or someehre to go!! The toaster is done and he agrees was broken...lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to take my kids to the zoo - I love the picture of Onna on your sidebar - and I like your new look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey... Nice redesign of your blog.

    I agree, the summer is just zipping by. I'm glad you and Onna had time to go to the zoo. We took Alex to the Omaha Zoo when my mom was here. He just loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, this summer is just flying by!! It could slow down anytime.

    Nice change of your blog. It is always nice to change that once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree summer is flying by.
    Enjoy the rest of your summer.

    I like your new blog design. I just changed mine but will probably change it some more.

    ReplyDelete