Saturday, February 6, 2010

February 6, 2010

It's hard to believe it's February...
It seems like it's been winter forever, and yet time is flying by! We've been going to school, whenever possible. We've had a lot of snow days. Onna likes that, except she says that I'm "BORING!" She's usually pretty excited to get back to daycare and play with her friends.

I use the time on the snow days to do homework. I'm taking 14 credits, so I need all the time I can get. So far classes have been going well. I have a schedule figured out for us. I get up early (4-4:30 a.m.) and do my homework before Onna gets up, then I get us ready for school, go to work and have family time in the evening. We go to bed around 8:00 pm. It seems to be working well so far.

I had been able to work ahead, which is good, because this week set me back a little. My dad's brother, Tom, passed away. He's a few years older than my dad. He'd been on dialysis and was a brittle diabetic for many years. He passed away peacefully in his sleep last weekend. I'm glad that he had a peaceful passing and that he's not suffering any more. Most of my cousins from Kentucky were able to make it up here for the funeral. It was nice to see everyone despite the circumstances.

Onna is getting excited about Kindergarten in the fall. She has her screening coming up in a couple of weeks. We just had her follow-up eye doctor appointment yesterday. She said to keep up on the drops. I always feel so bad when I realize how little she can see out of her right eye. Her left eye is kind of alright, but her right eye is really bad.

I better get some homework done. I've procrastinated long enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment