We have to go back a few weeks to January 18th. I was cleaning in the basement. Onna was down there with me. She found the Easter baskets and plastic eggs. Since then she's found towels and made one of the baskets into a "nest". She's been toting the nest around and checking on them every day. She told everybody that that they were going to hatch on Valentine's Day. Well, obviously they didn't hatch, but they've still been "sleeping" on the end of Onna's bed. Every egg has a name.
Enter Aunt Sara and my Mom. They were shopping this last week and found some Easter chicks. This morning, Onna's eggs hatched! She was SO SURPRISED! Mom and Sara were there when she checked them this morning. Some of them had hatched out of their shells already, but most of them were still in. Onna couldn't get them opened fast enough. She was talking 100 miles an hour. Her little brain could not figure out how that was possible. First she said to me, "They were real eggs after all!" A few minutes later she said, "Mom, they were your decoration eggs. Gotcha!" And then "Mom I was just tricking you, those chicks aren't real." (but she still wasn't sure)
I went down to the basement to change the laundry... she put a chick on the floor and I heard her saying, "here chicky, here chicky". When I came upstairs, she said, "Mom those chicks aren't real. When I called it, it didn't even move!"
Now she has it figured out that they are toys, but she can NOT figure out how they possible got in there. She thinks that someone snuck into our house and put them in there, or that Santa must be really bored!
(I have pictures, but my camera was not cooperating...I'll post later)
No comments:
Post a Comment