It's been 2 1/2 weeks since a post! Wow, time has been flying by! It seems like it was just Halloween, and now it's almost Christmas!
In the last two weeks, we've had Thanksgiving. We spent Thursday with my family and Sunday at John's brother's. His brother (Paul) lives in an apartment in Sioux Falls. The complex that he lives in has a pool, so Onna and John's nieces got to go swimming that day. Onna was pumped about that. She was also really excited when Paul gave her birthday present to her a little bit early. He'd stood in line for 3 hours to get her a Zhuzhu pet! I didn't even know she wanted one, until she opened it. When she did, she let out a scream and said, "I WANTED ONE OF THESE!" Now she wants another one from Santa. Thanks Paul! :) (She'll be getting what she'd originally wanted from Santa- a Barbie that she'd picked out at Target!) Anyway, we had fun, and it was super cool of him to do that for her.
We also went to a Vikings game. My brother, his girlfriend, both of my sisters, my sister's husband, my brother's co-worker, John and I all went. It was fun, but a really long trip. I think I'd much rather watch the game on TV, from the comfort of my couch. It's a fun experience, but not something I'd want to do often.
We are gearing up for Onna's birthday here. She'll be 5 on Tuesday. We have plans to have a family party on Sunday. John's sister and her family are coming along with his mom. My family lives next door, so they'll be here too, of course. Then on her birthday, my brother's girlfriend has a concert that we will be attending in Sioux Falls, so we won't be doing much for Onna that day. On Thursday, we'll be having Onna's friend party. We invited the girls from her pre-school to go to Pizza Hut. There are 7 of them ages 3 to 5. One of the other mom's is going along because her daughter has a lot of food allergies. I asked her to go, because I'm scared to feed her anything! My mom is also going along. I'm excited for her. Last year I got the flu on Onna's birthday, so I'm hoping this year goes well for her. We have a "puppy" themed party planned, and we are making Dalmatian cakes.
So, that's what we'll be doing. It might be a week or two before I get on to post again. I do a good job of reading other people's blogs, but not such a good job of updating mine. hmmmm.... I'm blaming facebook.....
No comments:
Post a Comment