Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Football State Champs!

I started this post the other day. Onna wasn't into the idea of me being on the computer. I thought I saved the post. Apparently I didn't, so I'll start over.

This last week has been a blur. I'll try to recap what's happened.

Friday: Our football team played at the Dome and won the 9AA State Championship! I drove down there with John and some of our friends. Onna stayed at Grandma and Grandpa's and watched on TV. She thinks the games are "boring" if she doesn't get to run around with her friends. I thought the game was anything but boring! Congratulations boys on a job well done!

Saturday: Sara took Onna to PLAYHOUSE DISNEY in Brookings. They left around 10:30, and when they took off, I headed to Sioux Falls. I did some Christmas shopping. Then I went to visit Barb. I hadn't been to her new apartment yet. It was nice to see her and the new place! :) After seeing her I went to my brother's girlfriend's (Deb) apartment. Onna and Sara got there about the same time I did. Later my sister, Lisa, and Deb's sister, Megan, arrived. We had a "Girls' Night". We ate at Red Lobster, and watched movies at Deb's. We also at LOTS of goodies!

Sunday: After staying up very late at Deb's house, we woke up kind of tired, and started home. We stopped in Dell Rapids at John's mom's house. His nieces were there and Onna wanted to play for a bit. His sister and her husband stopped a few minutes later. We ended up visiting until almost supper time! We even got out old yearbooks and baby pictures.

That made for a very rough start to our week. The last couple of days have been a little hard to get up for school. Yesterday was really bad, because apparently on Sunday night when we got home I left the dome light on in the van. That led to a dead battery. I drove my old brown car to work (which didn't have much gas and frosty windows). I made it to the staff meeting on time, only to realize that I'd left my glasses in the van, which was at home in the garage! That's kind of how the week has gone.... maybe an early bedtime tonight would be a good idea. I've been trying that, but Onna doesn't seem to want to cooperate with me.

This weekend is our trip to Minneapolis. We're going to a Vikings game!

No comments:

Post a Comment