So of course between the weather and Onna's health, my plans could never actually go as scheduled. Especially since there we 7 other little girls involved!
On Tuesday night (Onna's actually birthday) We'd planned to go to Sioux Falls. Eric's girlfriend, Deb teaches at Whittier, and their winter concert was that night. It was exciting because Barb's Julia would be performing too! Well the weather did not cooperate, and with below zero wind chills and blowing snow, we decided not to make the trip.
Staying home was actually a good thing because that evening Onna got a really hard headache. She also started running a low-grade fever. The next morning we had a late start at school, but I called in and stayed home with her. She'd had a restless night and still had a bad headache. Her temp never went over 100, but was still in the 99.5 range. She continued that way throughout the day. That afternoon she told me that her left eye hurt. She took a nap that afternoon. When she woke up she was in PAIN. Her left eye hurt very badly. I called the local clinic. They said they had not seen any pink eye, and that maybe it was her allergies causing problems. As the evening went on, she continued to lay around. At 6:30 we were laying on the couch together. All of a sudden she became restless and vomited on both of us and the couch. So then it was a quick bath, and by the time I got the mess cleaned up she was vomiting again. She had one more episode an hour later.
On Thursday I stayed home from school and took her to the doctor. They did a strep test first. I knew that there had been some strep at daycare and there aren't any pokes with that test. That came back negative, so then they had to draw blood. She was SO brave. She only had a couple tears slide down her cheeks as she held out her arm. They took three tubes of blood. The results were that her blood counts were normal. Dr. Beecher thinks that maybe her body is fighting a virus that wasn't showing up in her bloodwork yet...
My sister noticed that in some recent pictures I've taken of Onna that her eye was crossed. I hadn't noticed it, but it has been since June since her last appointment. I mentioned that to Dr. Beecher. She said that it would be a good idea to get her back in (I already planned to do that). So I called over there, and got an appointment for January 6th. Then one of my facebook friends that works at the eye clinic, hooked me up with an appointment for next week Friday!
Next week will be very busy! Today we had Onna's Sunday School program. Tuesday is her rescheduled birthday party. Thursday Onna and I have haircuts (they were supposed to be last week Wednesday). Then on Friday is her eye doctor appointment.
No comments:
Post a Comment