I'm home again with Onna today. Her temp was down some, not in the scary-high area at least. She slept well, but she's been coughing more through the day today.
Since we are home, I cleaned my oven. I made meatloaf last night, and the grease bubbled over the side of the pan. It seems like when John's coming over, I'm more likely to smoke the house up. He made the comment (with a big grin) when he came in, "The house is smokey. Momma must be cookin'!" LOL
He hasn't been feeling well either. He's not feverish, but he has a bad cold. Onna told me that "it's not fair" that they are both sick and I'm not. I told her it's a good thing that one of us is healthy, so that I can take care of THEM. (I'd have to anyway...)
I thought, since I had time, I'd share a couple of Onna's funny sayings/pronunciations
1. mighty-profen = ibuprofen
2. un-rase it = erase it
3. stummy-ache = tummy ache or stomach ache
I emailed my boss today, and "we" decided to have me take tomorrow off too. That way Onna will also have the weekend to get back on her feet. I hate to send her back to daycare before she's healthy. There are SO many sick people around. I want to lock my doors and not leave until spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment