Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fighting to stay healthy

We are surrounded by H1N1... with me at the school and Onna at daycare, I think we are doomed.

When I took her to daycare yesterday, I was planning to mention to the teachers that she had a runny nose. I looked around and noticed that all of the kids had runny noses.

When I picked her up last night, she seemed ok, other than she still had a runny nose. We went to bed, she slept fine. I got her up this morning, and her voice sounded a little scratchy. Then.... she coughed. It was a deep-rattly cough, not good. I gave her medicine, after I checked her temp, and sent her to daycare. It wasn't cold enough to keep her inside today, so she played outside with the other kids.

When I picked her up tonight, she told me that she coughed "a lot". The teachers said they noticed her coughing at naptime, especially the first "15 minutes".

One of the other daycares in town is closed because the provider is sick. Some of those kids were at our daycare today.

I know that there are students and teachers at school that are sick. They've been dropping like flies....

I think we are doomed....

No comments:

Post a Comment