Saturday, January 31, 2009

What a week!

Busy: 
 /ˈbɪzi/ [biz-ee] verb
1. actively and attentively engaged in work or a pastime: busy with her work.
2. not at leisure; otherwise engaged: He couldn't see any visitors because he was busy.

That pretty much describes it! I LOVE working at the golf course. I feel like I can actually pay my bills again. I get to socialize and make money at the same time. In some ways it's the best of both worlds. The downfalls are that I already work one full-time job, and I miss out on SO much time with Onna. It feels like I am ALWAYS asking my family to watch her and if they can't then I'm on a constant search for a babysitter.

We've been staying pretty busy at the course. Weeknights haven't been so busy, because there is so much going on with sporting event and stuff, but lunches and weekends have been awesome. That's great! We got our big-screen TV in and are doing another raffle to get our second one in! We are already half way to having the funds for that one! There is going to be a Super Bowl party there tomorrow, so that should be fun.

Onna seems to be doing ok. It's a pretty rough adjustment for her to having me working both jobs. She always wants to wait up for me. It's not that I get home so late, but she gets tired trying to keep up with me. That's hard because then when we are together we are both tired, which means we don't get along so well.

She did have a REALLY funny comment the other night. We'd gotten home from gymnastics, and on the way into town, I drove past the course. John was there so we stopped in to say hi. He was just leaving so he walked us out to the car. I put her in her carseat, and he walked me around to my side of the car. We said goodbye and I got in the car. When I got in she was really MAD at me. I asked her why and she said, "You kissed him!" I said, "Yeah?" (This isn't the first time she'd seen that.) She said, "That means you're falling in LOVE!" I think she's been watching too many movies, and it has been almost six months so it's not like that would be the worst thing that ever happened.

There was one other time, a few weeks after we first started dating that she commented about us kissing. We'd stopped at his house, because we saw him drive into his driveway. He stood outside our car and talked to us for a few minutes. As we were getting ready to leave, he leaned into kiss me. He told her to cover her eyes, but apparently she didn't because we heard her say, "My mom has germs you know!" That was pretty funny! It was a big joke between us for a long time.

1 comment:

  1. Your life does, indeed, sound busy. I think Onna will remember how hard you worked for both of you.

    You'll have to tease her about the "germs" comment when she gets older, too. LOL.

    ReplyDelete