Sunday, January 11, 2009

They're talking about it!

Usually they don't open the golf course until April 1st, but this year they're talking about opening it sooner. Like maybe in the next few weeks! I'm SO EXCITED! (Dreading it in a way) But mostly excited!

See in Howard we don't have very many places to eat. We have a convenience store, a coffee shop, a small cafe (that's now closed and for sale), a drive in ice-cream shop (that's only open in the summer) and we used to have a bowling alley and restaurant but it burned down. The golf course club house is very busy serving food when we are open, but usually we are only open from April 1st-October 1st. Last fall we stayed open through October. I wasn't very happy about it then because I had to work SO MANY HOURS.

Now I'm broke. I remember why working so many hours is a good thing. It stinks that I miss out on seeing Onna. I wish there was a way to pay all my bills and spend lots time with her. Unfortunately, right now, I don't make enough at just one job to do that. So here come 50-60 hour work weeks and some $$ in my pocket!

No comments:

Post a Comment