Saturday, October 11, 2008

Doctor appt x 2

On Thursday I took the day off of school and went to two doctor appointments an endocrinologist and a neurologist.

The endocrinologist(Dr. Barth) was first, and I had an awesome visit! I was nervous because I'd never seen this doctor before, and the nurse that helped me set up the referral was not very familiar with this doctor. I was very happy with the time that he spent with me. I also felt like he'd spent time going over my records and labs. He asked questions to get a very thorough history. Then he gave me two options for my treatment after explaining them both to me. I felt very comfortable with the option that I chose. My thyroid labs always come back "normal" it's always at the very low end of normal. Since that is the case, we decide to start me on a low dose of thyroid pills. That hopefully will help my levels balance out and after a few months my symptoms will get better. If that happens, eventually I can MAYBE taper off of my migraine medicine. That would be wonderful!

I went to the neurologist in the afternoon. After my earlier appointment we decided not to change anything to see if the thyroid pill will help. So that was a very expensive 15 minutes to decide not to do anything. :)

So I was pretty excited. It was a good day!

1 comment:

  1. I have Dr. Barth as my doc too! I have been seeing him for 3 yrs or so. He is awesome!! I think he will do good things for ya!
    Don't get to frustrated though, it is a process. It took me a year almost exactly before everything started to straighten out.

    ReplyDelete