Onna: (from the other room) "I didn't have to go to time-out when my bus got moved to red."
Me: "Why did your bus get moved to red?"
Onna: " 'Cuz the teacher's wouldn't let us dance."
Me: "What were you supposed to be doing?"
Onna: "Sittin' down"
Me: "Why didn't you have to go to time-out?"
Onna: "Well, I was already on yellow and..." (look of fear in her eyes for giving out too much information!)
Onna VERY RARELY gets her bus moved. Usually red equals time-out. The only reason it didn't today is that Miss Jessica was working and Miss Jessica has a really big soft spot in her heart for Onna. I didn't pick Onna up from daycare today. My brother is back from Rapid City, and he surprised Onna at lunch. He picked her up and spent the afternoon with her. I called Jessica this evening after Onna spilled the beans. Onna "couldn't remember" what she'd done to get on yellow in the first place. Jessica said that with it raining the last couple of days, it was just a bad morning all around.
Did you notice that it's a Wednesday evening and I'm not at the golf course?? It's nice being home, but it won't be long until I notice the lack of $$. Funny how that works.
No comments:
Post a Comment