I have Two.... that's right two more shifts before we close for the season. Can you tell I'm excited?!?! We were busy on Friday night, but not so much last night. We closed early and I went to the Sportmen's Club Banquet at the Legion Hall. They served 185 people. It's crazy because although there were some out of town/state hunters that I didn't know I pretty much knew everyone else. Most of the time I really like living in a small town.
I am off of work today and I plan to clean my house. It has been fairly neglected over the last few months. I hit the main areas, but as far as deep cleaning goes.... I just don't have the time. Although, we aren't really there enough to make big messes either! LOL
Poor Onna, I feel so bad for her. She had been BEGGING me to play in the leaves all week. The one big tree in front of our house dropped all of its leaves and it did look really fun. I had to work on Thursday and Friday. So on Friday, I loaded her up with allergy medicine, and told the babysitter that they could go for it. BIG MISTAKE. She has been coughing her little head off ever since. I so wish that she could do things like a normal kid. She had SO much fun in those leaves, but they really made her sick. I was afraid of that! Next time she'll have to wear a scarf or a mask or something too.
We got her pumpkin carved. I have pictures to post later. She was not impressed at first about putting her hand inside it. I told her that she'd have to get her hand dirty and she said, "OH NO I'M NOT!" It turned out kind of cute though. She had major tears at the end though because she wanted him (the jack-o-lantern) to stay inside and not go outside in the rain!
I have an Onna funny. She was chewing gum one day, and she leaned over and wanted me to smell her breath. She said to me, "Mom, does my brain smell like gum?"
That pretty much sums things up around here for right now (I think). Still busy, but not quite as much chaos. I'm feeling pretty good on my new med. The first few days were awful. I followed the directions and took them on an empty stomach.... can we say nauseous?? It was BAD! So now I take it with food and it's going well. Time will tell if everything balances out. So far it seems to be going alright.
No comments:
Post a Comment