Plans have changed here lately. Instead of closing October 1st as originally planned, the golf course might be staying open until the END of October!
Last Sunday night/Monday morning at 4:19 a.m. the fire whistle went off. The bowling alley was on fire! After fighting the fire all day and into the evening the firemen got it completely out. It was a complete loss of the bowling alley portion of the building. The bar and restaurant part had significant smoke damage. We had some very tired firemen on Monday night!
It's an unfortunate loss for our small community. It's a safe place for our local teens to hang out, and it's also one of our only restaurants. Now we don't have either one.
The worst part about the whole thing is that after the fire marshalls' investigations, it's official that this fire was the result of "foul play"! (Our firemen knew that the minute they entered the building!)
My manager at the course is a volunteer fireman, and so are many of our regular customers. We had a customer appreciation supper planned for Monday evening along with a golf tournament going on Monday afternoon. Because my manager was fighting a fire, that left me at work short-handed. I gladly covered for him! I would much rather have him fighting a fire than working. I know that if I ever need our fire department they will respond quickly. I can't say enough for the people in our communities that volunteer for this. They and their families give up a lot of time and the firemen put themselves in danger at every fire. Thanks guys for all your hard work!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To completely change the subject, my schedule hasn't gotten any better. Onna started gymnastics this week. She did a great job! She was so excited that she wanted to go back again the next night. She thought I was really mean to make her wait a whole week!
When I'm not at work, I've been spending every spare second with my two sweethearts. #1. Onna (obviously). #2 John - we've been dating about a month now (time flies doesn't it?). He's a really great guy. I get to see him WHILE I work , so that works out nicely. Sometimes I also get to see him after work too ;) He seems to be someone who really appreciates and respects me. So far so good!
Didn't they just have a fire there recently. Or was I dreaming that. I thought it was in the kitchen part. So do they think it was owners trying to collect insurance? That does suck for that town. It is more money in your pocket but that is going to wear on you physically and mentally putting in all those hours. Hopefully it works out to your benefit.
ReplyDeleteSo things have gone farther than the last time we talked. I hope you are watching out for you in this relationship. Just remember this time it needs to be about you and your needs first. Don't let the guy walk all over you. YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!! I will never stop saying that to you.
I agree with Dawn... You are worth it! and you deserve it!
ReplyDelete