Friday, December 28, 2007

30 years old!

I can't believe it, but I turned 30 years old yesterday! Wow time flies! I've been thinking about it a lot over the last several months, and I'm actually a lot more relaxed about turning the big 3-0 than I thought that I would be.

After reflecting on my 20's, I've realized that although I wouldn't change anything, I had a lot of turbulent times. I worked my way through college, had many broken hearts, and did a lot of growing up.

I'm not saying that I'm done growing up, because I'm sure I've got a long ways to go, but I really hope that my 30's go smoother than my 20's. As far as I can see, they are starting out fairly well. I have a great family (I did then too), I have a job I love, a home, a lovely daughter, and great boyfriend.

Here are some pictures from 30 years ago:





How did I celebrate my birthday?
Well, yesterday I opened packages in the morning. My parents spoiled me as usual. Then my mom, Onna and I were off to Sioux Falls. We got Onna's 3-year-old pictures taken, and then shopped ALL day! It was really fun, and I got a few good deals.
~
Tonight, I'm going out with Laura and Mark. He turns 30 tomorrow, so we rented a bus. The plans are to take the bus to Flandreau and then come back to Madison, then finish the night in Wentworth. Hopefully the weather cooperates. The fog makes me really nervous!

Here a sample of Onna's pictures. Click on it to see the rest of them.





5 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good day with Onna and your mom! I hope you have a good time tonight and stay safe! Love the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday!! I'm glad you are accepting your new age and looking ahead!! :D

    Love Onna's pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 30th Birthday Kari!!

    Those pictures of Onna tured out so darn cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your blog through Dawn who commented on my blog, I hope you don't mind. I just had to say those pictures of you in the stocking are priceless!! How cute! Your daughter is really cute too, glad you had a good birthday....30's not so bad, I'm about to turn 34:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY!! I hope you had a great day!!

    Love the baby picutes! Onna's are ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete