Saturday, November 17, 2007

"I am RIGHT, and you are WRONG!"

That is the phrase of the week at our house. Lately it has become very important for Onna to be RIGHT. It doesn't really matter what the topic is, but she wants to be right, and she will prove you wrong.

One example is that she has a Santa that sings "Holly, Jolly Christmas". This Santa is in her toybox all year long, because she LOVES it. Anyway, she'd been playing with it the other night, so the next morning I had the song stuck in my head. Apparently I was singing it outloud, and sang "Have a holly, jolly Christmas. It's the best time of the year..."

She stopped me and she said very sternly, "It not say YEAR!"

I was pretty sure that that's how the song went, so I said, "yes it does."

She said, "NO, it not say YEAR. I go down and get it!" She then went downstairs, and got the Santa.

She pushed the button and sure enough he sings, "Have a holly, jolly Christmas and when you walk down the street..."

So then she very smuggle said, "See mommy, I'm am RIGHT and you are WRONG!"

I didn't argue with her anymore, but technically we were both right the actual lyrics go:

Holly Jolly Christmas

Johnny Marks (c) 1962


Have a holly, jolly Christmas;
It's the best time of the year
I don't know if there'll be snow,
but have a cup of cheer.

Have a holly, jolly Christmas;
And when you walk down the street
Say Hello to friends you know
and everyone you meet.

Oh, ho, the mistletoe
hung where you can see;
Somebody waits for you;
Kiss her once for me.

Have a holly jolly Christmas,
and in case you didn't hear,
Oh by golly, have a holly,
jolly Christmas this year.


I will leave with you with this last piece of wisdom that Onna shared with me this morning:

"There is sweep time, and there is wake time. Wake time is a wot of work."

2 comments:

  1. Ok, her thought - is so precious!!

    The whole "I'm right and you're wrong" thing, drives me crazy with mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had to deal with that yet. But Onna is sure a cutie with the things she says!!!

    ReplyDelete