
I burned my hand at work on Sunday! It hurts! Actually, it's getting a lot better. I took this picture last night, and it looks better today. I cleaned it with peroxide because it was getting so red, I was afraid it was getting infected. It hurt really bad, but it helped a lot.
I worked Saturday 4p-10p, and then Sunday 7a-4p. I worked Monday 8a-4p and Tuesday 4p-10p. I was off yesterday, today and tomorrow. Then my CRAZY week starts. I'll work Friday 4p-10p, Saturday 8a-4p (we have a tournament), Sunday 4p-10p, Monday 8a-4p, and Tuesday 4p-10p. On Wednesday I have an all-day class in Sioux Falls with a test for ServSafe certification. Then I'm off Thursday, and work Friday 4p-10p and Saturday 8a-4p (we have another tournament).
It will be crazy busy for about a week, but it should be good for my paycheck. The schedule just worked out that way because another girl needed a few days off, and I had that class in Sioux Falls, so I ended up with extra hours. I've told Dave I'd take whatever hours I could get, I suppose this is why they say be careful what you wish for.
For any of you wondering about the relationship saga in my life... I feel like I should give an update. Last Friday night Laura and I went out. I did meet someone, and he seems really nice. We talked for a while (we were both sober, I know shocker, huh?). Anyway, he asked for my number and said he would call on Sunday. Well, Sunday came and went and guess what... he didn't call. Last night, (Wednesday) I was getting ready to go to bed, and my phone rang. It was him. He asked if I was angry that he hadn't called earlier and he apologized. I told him that I had been, but I'd learned not to dwell on things like that. After talking to him for a while he asked if it was ok if he could come over. (He knows about Onna, and realizes that I can't really go out at the drop of a hat.) I said that it was, so he came over to my house and we visited for a couple hours. It's weird, because I think he's an alright guy, but I don't know if we are looking for the same thing in all of this. I guess time will tell. I keep hearing my mom's advice "Don't rush into anything!" Don't worry Mom ~ you don't have to worry about that with this guy. I'm not even sure I like him yet.
I bumped into Danny tonight. He was downtown with his brother. I talked to him for a little bit. He said he's dating a girl named Stephanie (Barb: Her car is the white Stratus with the 6 license plates). He said, "I finally found a girl that treats me decent, and she doesn't even have kids!" Then he realized what he said, and who he'd just said that too, and he started "uh, umm well, at least not two anyway, one wouldn't be so bad.... uh..." I was like, "You couldn't handle one. It freaked you out. You aren't ready for that. That's okay." He also told me that he hasn't seen her "pissed off yet", and my reply was, "well you probably haven't lied to her yet." He didn't like that very much, and at first started to deny that he did that, and then when I made eye contact with him he backed down and changed the subject. It was good to run into him because there are unresolved issues there that needed to be dealt with. We live in a small town, and I'm friends with his mom. It's hard to avoid someone who lives one block away for any length of time. I wish we could go back to a year ago when Danny and I were good friends....
There is someone else that I have a little bit of a crush on...I don't want to mention his name because I don't want to jinx it. He's super shy, and he's a really nice guy. Because he's so shy though he's really hard to get to know. I have people "working" on it for me though, and he's a golfer so we'll see what the next few weeks bring... wish me luck!
Nice looking burn...that didn't sound right did it!! I hope this new guy is much better then Danny...I think some of the people we blog with might be able to tell you more about him...if you choose to say his name I would ask Jamie Kearin or Jennie Thompson for advice!! Good luck in the next week with your schedule...talk to you soon!!
ReplyDeleteI would love to help you out if you want to tell me his name. You can email me at jamiek@rapidnet.com if you would like! It is up to you!
ReplyDeleteI hope things work out for you! :)