Monday, November 9, 2009

Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted.

We've been back to see "Dr." Mitch since then. I took Onna back last week Thursday because she was still cough-grunting. During the night on Wednesday night/Thursday morning she had a pretty severe bloody nose. So I made an appointment and we went back. He checked her over well, and said that her lungs are "exchanging more air" than he's ever heard! That's great news! He thinks that the cough-grunt and bloody nose are just because she's dried out. He said to run her steamer in her room more, give more water and juice to drink and start her on a nasal saline spray. He also wanted her off of Singulair immediately. The nasal saline spray did the trick! Since starting that the cough-grunting has almost completely stopped.

This weekend was exciting at our house. On Saturday afternoon, Onna learned to ride her bike without training wheels!! I have a short video, but haven't been able to get it uploaded yet. The neighbors have a steep driveway, and we used that to get her going. She practiced on that several times, and once she got the hang of it on the hill, there was no stopping her!

The other exciting thing that happened on Saturday is that our football team won their semi-final football game. That means we are headed to the dome for the final game on Friday! There will be no school here and most of the town will be there supporting the team. Since I work at the school, it's a big part of my life right now... we live and breath football in our small town. GO TIGERS!

That pretty much sums up what we've been doing. We have lots more exciting things planned for the next few weeks: Sara is taking Onna to Playhouse Disney. We'll be attending a Vikings game. Then it's Thanksgiving, and soon Onna's 5th Birthday. Oh MY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment