I have a whole bunch of pictures to load sometime when I get around to it, but that won't be today.
We had a great time over Easter. We celebrated with my family and with John's family. Onna and I also made a trip to Sioux Falls on Monday.
On Friday, Onna and I made 4 different kinds of mini-muffins to take with us to our brunch with John's family. We made lemon-poppy seed, blueberry, raspberry-almond, and Onna's diet pop/white cake mix recipe. We made about three dozen of each kind. We pulled out the lopsided ones and ate those with my family on Saturday. We took the rest of them with us to John's family on Sunday. We ended up bring FIVE muffins home with us, so apparently they were pretty good!
We enjoyed our time off. I really enjoyed our trip to Sioux Falls. Onna has turned into a great little shopper. She received $3 from the Easter Bunny (John's brother Paul really spoiled her!). She also had $4 in her "spend" part of her piggy bank. She added that together and had $7 in her pocket to buy a treat with. We went into Wal-mart, and she was ready! As we entered the store, they had all of the Easter stuff on clearance. At first she wanted a princess Easter basket. I talked her out of that, and tried to convince her to buy an basket that had a Barbie type doll in it. She didn't want that, but next to it was a basket that had a farm animal set in it along with candy for $5. She picked that out, and then said, "I still have $2 left to spend!" After some other shopping, I'd picked up some calculators for school. They were on sale for $1 each. She was sitting in the cart playing with the pink one, and I had to move some stuff around in the cart. She asked me how much the calculator costs, and I told her $1. She said, "I could buy this, and I'll still have $1!" She looked around for a $1 item to buy, but didn't find anything she wanted. She ended up bringing her dollar home to put back into her piggy bank for our next shopping trip. I was super proud of her for her math skills.
My doctor appointment went well. He decided to increase my thyroid medicine to 75 mcg's from 50 mcg's. I've been feeling pretty good, but I think the little boost will help.
I need to get Onna off to bed now....
That is awesome counting skills! She should get another $3 for that. :-D
ReplyDelete