I like Onna's daycare. There are some things that drive me crazy, but for the most part, they do a great job.
One of the things I really like is that they are very creative. They do a great job educating the kids, and they use the "holidays" to show the kids different traditions.
On St. Patrick's Day, the Leprechaun came and hid the kids shoes while they were napping. They had to find green items in the classroom in order to get their shoes back. He also snuck into the kitchen while Miss Lea was cooking and turned their pancakes green. Either he is really quick, or Miss Lea wasn't watching her kitchen very well! ;)
For April Fool's Day, I didn't expect them to do anything. Well, I was wrong. I got there to pick Onna up that day, and I asked her teacher a question. She said, you'll have to ask Lois, I wasn't in this room today. I looked at her funny, and she said, "We tricked the kids today. We gave them Mac and Cheese and hotdogs (their lunch) for breakfast, their snack for lunch and their breakfast for snack. Then all of the normal classroom teachers switched rooms. So if they are all messed up today it's our fault!" The lesson for the day then was about April Fool's and the traditions behind it. How cute was that?!?! I would never have thought of it.
Onna really got into tricking people when she got home. She understood that she couldn't play mean tricks on people, but she tried to tell me that there was a mouse in our house! ew! She also called Grandma at work and told her that she was at home alone and didn't know what to do. She's kind of a drama queen so she pulled it off quite well. She had Grandma going for a minute (like I'd really leave her home alone, come on really!!) before she told her it was an April Fools.
She realized later that she didn't get to trick Eric, and she was bummed that she only got to do it for one day. She's already planning for next year, so watch out!
No comments:
Post a Comment