Onna had a rough weekend, but I think she's finally getting back to normal, whatever that is, right?
Starting about Thursday she got a runny nose. Then on Friday the cough started, and by Friday night she was running a slight fever. Saturday during the day she did ok, but Saturday night was hard on her (and Grandma). I was working that evening and Sunday morning so she stayed at Grandma's house. She ended up coughing until she puked and then ran a pretty good fever.
By Sunday, she was feeling a little better, but still had a bad cough. I made arrangements to have a sub on Monday, because I knew I needed to take her to the doctor. We saw Mitch, and he assured me that her lungs sound ok. That's a relief. With all the crud going around and her history she can get pneumonia so fast. He said if she's not feeling better by the end of the week to call him back.
Today she's still coughing some, but not nearly as bad. I've kept her from playing outside at daycare. I feel mean doing that since it's been nice out the last couple days. The problem is if they get to running around, I know she'll get to coughing again. I'm also afraid she'll find mud/water and get chilled. That would NOT be good!
Tomorrow is Thursday. I look forward to Thursdays. John and I usually have a standing "date" at my house for supper. I'm not a great cook or anything, but he's been a bachelor for a long time. I guess anything home cooked tastes good when you are used to eating every meal out of a can.
I work the weekend again. We pretty much have it worked out that I work Tuesday evenings, Friday evenings, every other Saturday, and all but one Sunday. It pays the bills.
I better get Onna headed to bed... I'm tired too....good night.
No comments:
Post a Comment