This time change is kicking my butt! It's either that, or we had a really busy weekend.
Friday night I worked at the course. We did have a very busy night, and we actually got home kind of early.
Saturday morning I had to work at 10:00. Usually the morning person comes in to clean, stock coolers, and then does lunch. The last two Saturdays lunch has been really slow. Not this week, of course not, because both Dave and I had PLANS after work! He finally let me leave at 2:00, but he was still cooking!
After work, Mom, my sister Sara, Onna and I, went to Watertown and went shopping. My sister, Lisa, lives in Milbank, so she met us there. We got some stuff for her wedding in October, and other necessities at Wal-mart.
Lisa bought Onna a princess set with shoes, gloves, bracelets, and a purse. Onna has barely even taken the shoes off. She even slept in them one night.
When we were done shopping we went out for supper. It was such a treat! I haven't been out to eat in such a long time (the golf course doesn't count)! We headed home pretty late, and then LOST AN HOUR of sleep.
Sunday morning John picked me up for breakfast. Onna didn't want to go. She doesn't want to eat at the course if she can't have cheeseballs. So we had a morning date, and she went to Grandma's for fruit loops. For lunch we had prime rib and then ice-cream cake at my parents' house for my brother's birthday. After that it was nap time.
I worked last night. I hoped for a slow night. It was the Epiphany Sausage Feed. That draws a HUGE crowd, but apparently not everyone eats sausage. I had a few customers, and the ones I had came late, so I didn't get home very early.
It was very hard to get up this morning. I had trouble getting out of bed, and Onna is not a morning person on a good day. Today was not a good day.
Usually we go to gymnastics on Monday nights. I love it that Onna gets to gain the skills that gymnastics will build. I also like it that she has friends there as well as here. She does get a bit confused when we walk in and there is a big Bulldog on the wall. For gymnastics we cheer for them, then when we play them in other sports we cheer against the Bulldogs. There's been a few times when we've walked in to gymnastics and she's shouted "Go Tigers!" Oops...not in here sweetie....oh well, at least she realizes that it's just sports and the PEOPLE that play the sports are the same as us and are our friends when we are not playing the game.
I don't know if we'll have school tomorrow or not. This weather stinks! We are supposed to have Friday off from school this week, but if we have a snow-day before then we'll have to go Friday. I'm hoping for the three-day weekend.
John's birthday is tomorrow. We've already celebrated because I won't get to see him. He liked his present. I gave him a collage of pictures from the house fire. I was able to get more shots from the newspaper and I think it turned out nice.
The rest of our week looks like this: work tomorrow, gymnastics Wednesday (to make up for tonight), supper with John on Thursday, work Friday, OFF on Saturday, work Sunday.
That's it....same old stuff, different day :)
No comments:
Post a Comment