I have so much good "blog material" but I haven't had time to post lately. I make little notes and put them on my desk... now, finally, I have a little time to get them on here.
We don't have school today, because of Parent/Teacher conferences next week. We don't have school on Monday either because of President's Day. That means a four-day weekend from school! I work tonight, tomorrow and Sunday evening at the golf course, but we get to sleep in for three mornings!
On Monday morning we are going to Sioux Falls. Onna and I will both be in my sister, Lisa's, wedding in October. We are going to pick out our dresses. Lisa picked out her color, and the bridesmaids each get to pick out her own style. I think I'm going to get this dress (in fern). I think Onna will wear this dress (in truffle), for her flower girl dress. I was explaining to Onna that she will be trying on junior bride's maid dresses, even though she is the flower girl. All the flower girl dresses are white and since she is so blond, I don't want her in white. She seemed to understand very well. The next day we were talking about it again, and she said to me, "So that's why I have to wear an Old Maid dress, right Mom?" LOL
Another thing I had written down that I really wanted to get on here was regarding her birth-kindergarten screening that is coming up. We were talking about some of the testing that she'll have to do. I wanted to get some of the pronunciations of the words that she struggles with. I knew that if I said the word, she could say it correctly, so I was asking her questions:
"Where do sick people have to go to get better?"
her answer: "Host-i-bull"
"What kind of building do Eric and Deb live in?"
her answer: "re-partment"
"If you can't do something by yourself, you need my ____ ."
her answer : "helmp"
Then she said, "Mom it's a good thing you don't have to take this test, you wouldn't do very well! I think they think I'm smarter than you!"
There are some days that she's probably right!
cute dresses!
ReplyDelete