We made it! Today was the last day of school, and now we are into summer "vacation." Now I'll just be working at the golf course and doing cakes. It will be so nice to only be doing ONE job.
Onna is so excited knowing that I'll be home more. She was worried about only going to daycare one day a week. (I only work one weekday shift, and I hire a babysitter to come into our home or have my mom watch her for the other hours that I work.) She was afraid that she wouldn't get to play with her friends enough. I talked to her friends' moms and they are going to take turns coming over to our house sometimes, so that she will see them in addition to her time at daycare.
School ended on a pretty good note. The students that I referred to here, have done well. She finished the year by staying on the B-honor roll all year. He managed to pass ALL of the classes and GRADUATE!! It came down to the last test on the last day (last Friday for the Seniors) for a couple classes, but he stuck to it, and he did it. I'm so proud of him. He started his job yesterday in Sioux Falls, and I hope he does ok.
There were a few students that don't like me. It was kind of an interesting story. The science teacher (I'm an inclusion aide in two of his classes) does an end of the year survey. The questions were what did you like about the class, dislike about the class, learn in the class, wish that we would have covered, plans for the summer. Anyway, on 5 of the freshmen boys' surveys for the dislike question they answered that they didn't like me. That's nice, huh? I'm not offended though. I figure I'm not there to be their friend. If they liked me all the time I wouldn't be doing my job. Hopefully by the time they graduate, they are responsible young adults. Apparently I have a lot of work left to do with them before we reach that point.
I've missed blogging... I know that there are so many things that Onna has done that I've thought "oh I should blog about that" and I just didn't have the time. I'm anxious to be able to get back on more often again.
Also if you get to this area, the golf course has really good food and I'd love to see you!
No comments:
Post a Comment