Monday, April 21, 2008

Long Time.... Here's the Update

Onna's New Glasses: Grandpa bought Onna a new "Pony Swing." Thanks Grandpa!
(Pictures courtesy of Aunt Sara)
I can't believe that it's been so long since my last post. We are doing fine. Well, pretty much... We are home today because Onna has pink eye. (She insists that it's called RED eye!)


I've been BUSY, BUSY, BUSY working. I've had school, golf course and cakes. I did two cakes last week. We had "spring break" from school on Friday, but that just meant an extra shift at the golf course. It's been so nice to have cash in my pocket again. It never lasts long, but at least I get to hold it for a little while.


Onna is doing great (other than the pink/RED eye). She's frustrated that she doesn't get to see me much right now. I think she understands that it's only for a few weeks. She's been so glad to have nice weather and finally get to play outside. Last year she was terrified of the swing set. This year she can't get enough of it.

On a sad note, last week "my boys", Aron and Colin, moved away. Their dad, Norm, got a new job in Arizona. Norm's dad lives there so they will be living with their grandpa for awhile. Norm traveled a lot with his job, so I babysat the boys a lot. They spent many hours at my house and I will miss them a lot. It seems really quiet without them around. It was hard saying goodbye to them knowing that they have no reason to come back to SD, so I probably will never see them again. It also just brings up so much past emotion and memories of saying goodbye to Jake. Norm did make a quick call on Saturday afternoon. I only talked to him for a quick second, and he said that they'd arrived safely.

I'm not sure when my next post will be. If it wouldn't have been for the sick day today, I would have had 70 hours from Sunday morning until Saturday afternoon. So I guess I'll take advantage of today and get a lot done, and maybe even take a nap!

1 comment: