Sunday, February 11, 2007

Shopping Trip

This is such a fun time of year because it is when I get my income tax return back. It was deposited into my account last week, so yesterday my Mom and I went shopping. (After I paid the necessary bills, of course!) My sister Sara even volunteered to babysit, so of course I took her up on that! THANKS SARA!

Our first stop was Sam's club. There I bought some more rechargeable batteries (for all of Onna's toys), Klenex's (because it's cold season) and a calling card (that's a rip-off, but that's for another day).

Then we went to Menard's. There Mom bought paint for her living room. My sister is graduating in May, and my mom is tired of the bright green that it is now. We don't have school here on the 19th, so we are going to use the long weekend to paint. All I bought there was some duck tape and masking tape because it was on sale.

Then we went to Target (one of my FAVORITE stores!) There I spent $175 on mostly health and beauty items that we were out of. The one thing that I splurged on there, was a memory card for my digital camera. I received the camera as a gift for Christmas/birthday but without a memory card it would only hold 20 pictures. I also bought Onna a CD there. When I asked her what she wanted for a treat from Sioux Falls, she said, "A Mickey Mouse toy". So I bought her a Disney CD. It has the Mickey Mouse March on it. She was so excited because they listen to that at daycare! They also had nice Valentine's there, so I bought my presents that I'm going to give there.

After Target we ate at China Star. I'd never eaten there before but Mom had. We got there at 2:30 p.m. and there was a line of people waiting to get in. Because it was just the two of us, we got in quickly and had a great meal.

Then it was on to Shopko. I went in with the intention of buy "a couple shirts" for work. I was hoping that they would have their winter clothes on sale. Well, things were on sale-lot's of 75% off signs! I ended up buy 34 items of clothing, but I only spent $189!! That figures out to about $5.50 per item! I haven't bought clothes for myself (other than one outfit) since I started my job at school in December 2005. I always feel really guilty spending money on myself, but I only had about 6 or 8 school outfits. That gets really boring when I have to wear the same thing over and over every week. This way, I'll be able to mix and match, so I won't get so bored.

After Shopko we went to Campbell's Supply for a couple things on Mom's list. Then it was the infamous Wal-mart stop.

Most of the things left on my list were groceries. I did end up buying myself 3 CD's and a pair of shoes for Onna. That stop was only worth about $120, which isn't too bad considering I got most of a cart full of stuff.

When we got home, Onna was very excited to get her treats (CD, shoes, some shampoo and a new ABC placemat). She spent about 20 minutes dancing to Mickey Mouse, and then wanted a bath to use her new shampoo.

I have a pile of laundry to do today. I've been working on it since I got home last night, but it seems to just keep growing. I have to balance my checkbook, YIKES! I also have to try to figure out how all of my new clothes are going to fit in my closet and I don't match things very well, so I need my sister to come over to make sure my outfit combinations look okay.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had some fun shopping with your mom! It's always nice to spend some money (like tax money)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im glad you got to treat yourself!! You deserve it...I so know the feeling and have learned that you have to help you too!! Tax time is nice for that!! Save a week in March for me for the cakes!! I think I might actually get 2 ...1 for here and 1 for Fargo...we leave the 23rd of march...I hope you can do DORA!! Love to u both!!

    ReplyDelete