Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Doctor appointments

Onna had a follow-up appointment with the eye doctor today. It went really well, and the timing was perfect because her glasses needed an adjustment. On Monday afternoon, we were sitting outside on our front steps. Onna leaned down to pet the cat and fell onto the sidewalk. Unfortuanetly, she landed face first. She skinned her nose and her forehead. She also bent up her glasses pretty badly. I bent them back the best that I could so that she could continue to wear them. They got scratched too, but the scratches are near the top so they won't affect her vision.

I made an appointment with the psychiatrist today. He will review my meds, and see if there are any adjustments that can be made. I feel like crap today. Last night (after consulting with my mom to make sure it was safe) I took 10 extra mg of my Paxil. It did help me sleep better and my headache isn't as bad as it was last night.

Onna's had two days this week at daycare that she's ended up in time-out. On Monday she was on the "big kid side". Well, when she's on the big kid side, she has to follow the big kid rules. That includes using her fork. Usually she does really well with this, but for some reason that day she wouldn't do it. She ended up in time out because she threw her plate after they told her to use it. Today she ended up there because she kept opening the door on the baby side. This is dangerous because the babies could get out, and because they could get their fingers caught in the door. She also ended up in trouble with me once because as I was telling her something she said, "Don't talk my! Leave My AWONE!" She always uses "my" instead of "me" or "I". If someone tells her no, she come to me and say "Mama, told my no!"

Onna has been really concerned lately with which kids at daycare belong to which parents. She asks everyone (adults, children, basically everyone she meets), "What's your name?" and when they reply she says, "WHY?" Then she'll usually ask them "What's your mom's name?" She'll also say to me, in her not-so-quiet two-year-old voice, "What's that boy/girl's name?" So far she's usually gets the boy/girl part right, but the other day a friend of ours stopped. Onna said, "What's that Grandma's name?" Luckily she really is a grandma, so she was very understanding and thought it was cute.

Well, after playing on the big kid side on Monday, she was really concerned about some of the kids having the same parents as her friends on the baby side. We were talking about Mommy and Daddy's names. I asked her who her mom was, and she replied, "Kari". Then I asked her about her dad's name. She said completely seriously, "Josephine!" After asking a few questions, I figured out that they'd played house at daycare, and Josephine really was "the dad".

By the way, I don't know if I mentioned it, but Onna now knows that her Dad's not "in the truck". Since my brother drives truck that where Onna thought Andy was too. Well, she's been asking lately when he's coming back. So I told her that he'd gotten in trouble and that he's in time-out, so he won't be able to see her for a long time (how else do explain prison to a two-year-old?). Her reply to that was "get new good dad?" I had to laugh first and then I told her that was the plan and that we had to be patient to make sure it is a really good one. She asked me if Danny could be her Dad, and I told her that Danny is just our friend. (Even though I haven't heard from him for a long time!)

She also has a new name. She announced to me this last weekend that her name is "Onnie"! I told her that her name is Onna, and she replied, "NO, ONNIE BETTER!" So I'm not calling her that, but she told the ladies at daycare that too, and also the eye doctor.

Onna is learning to put S's on her words now. They sound more like F's, but they used to be T's so she's making progress. She talks A LOT for being 2 years, 2 1/2 months old.

2 comments:

  1. She sounds like she has quite the vocabulary!! And very interested in the world! GOOD FOR HER!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!!

    That's a bummer she fell on her face and get banged up a little.

    How old is your daughter?

    ReplyDelete