Friday, February 23, 2007

Puppy?

I've been considering getting a puppy for several months now. I'm hesitant to do this because of the responsibility involved. My cat is so easy. I just have to feed her and change her litter box. A puppy would be a lot of work. I think Onna would really like it though. I'm considering getting a Rat Terrier. I think that would be a good size for us, and the short hair would be good too. I know that Onna has some allergies, so I'm not sure that I want anything with long hair, even though I don't know if that is something that would bother her.

I've done a lot of research on the internet, and Rat Terriers seem to be really good with kids. I think that with all of my nightmares, that a dog would help me to relax more at night. I know the dog would alert me if something was happening. Plus Andy is up for parole in April. I don't know if he'll get it, and I'm pretty sure he's not going to bother us, BUT I'm really nervous about it.

So, let me know what you think... puppy/no puppy.....rat terrier/a different breed...

5 comments:

  1. Sorry can't help ya. I'm not much of a pet person. I wouldn't ever have any in the house. Especially if my son is allergic to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wilson is a rat terrier and he sheds some. Just so you are aware with Onna's allergies. But you are right, they are good with kids!!

    Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My parents have a dog and a cat inside, and Onna doesn't have any trouble at their house. So I don't think that it will be a problem. I just don't want hair everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there. I found your blog from Just Moms. I hope you don't mind me stopping.
    Growing up my family had a bichon frise, and that is what our family has now. He is great - little, cute and does not shed. Ok, you may find a hair here or there, but I've never found clumps. Plus, he is great with the kids. I've actually never put him on my blog - I'll head there now and post a picture of him.
    http://mommaroar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a Rat Terrier and she was good with the kids. Jordon was didn't have troubles with her allergy wise at all. She didn't shed to bad either. I think Onna would like it and they dont get too big either. Definately stay with a small dog for you situation. Later dear!!

    ReplyDelete