Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Week

This has been an eventful week. Let me break it down:
Monday: Onna and I went to school. At about 9:30, I got a call from her teacher that she wasn't feeling well. She had abdominal pain, and we were questioning a bladder infection. I ended up taking her to the local clinic. It turns out that the days of her not eating breakfast are catching up to her. Apparently she also doesn't poop at school. So the plan is to have her eat a hot breakfast at home and then have her try to poop. Hopefully that will solve that problem.

Then because I took her to our local clinic and not her PCP (which I TRIED to do, but couldn't get in). I spent the rest of the afternoon on the phone with the clinics, medicaid office, and Pierre. It's a long complicated story, but basically her PCP's office treated me like CRAP, and I don't deserve that. I made a decision to get my daughter seen when it was a critical situation. They didn't like it, and I will be following through with my complaint.

Tuesday was a "regular" school day.

Wednesday's are days when Onna doesn't have kindergarten. She goes to daycare. She would prefer to go to kindergarten. I kind of like it that she gets a break, and gets to see some of her other friends. That day we had an early release from school because of freezing rain.

Thursday (THANKSGIVING DAY) was yesterday. Eric, Holly and the kids made it from Pierre. Onna was SO excited to see them. She spent about an hour getting ready. She did her hair, MAKEUP, picked out just the right outfit, including belt, and jewelry. She was READY! So we spent the day with them. We didn't celebrate Thanksgiving yet though. We are saving that for the weekend. We'll celebrate with my family on Saturday and John's family on Sunday. Last night about supper time, Lisa, Mike and baby Sawyer stopped over for a little while. That was a fun surprise. They were at Oines' for the holiday. I thought Katie was going to devour Sawyer. She kissed his little feet so many times, I thought she actually might eat him!

Today is going to be a day to hang out with Eric, Holly and the kids. I think Lisa, Mike and Sawyer will be around some too. I need to make a birthday cake for Onna too. We will be celebrating her birthday on Sunday at Paul's along with Thanksgiving. She's just a tad bit excited about that. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment