Tuesday, November 9, 2010

My Embarrassing Mess

This is my living room.... how embarrassing is that!?!? If someone came to the door, I would NOT let them in. (Unless they had cookies or something, lol) Anyway, my house does NOT usually look like this. It's been a very busy couple of weeks with my classes, Halloween, etc. Let me explain the mess. Onna does a very good job of entertaining herself. She has way too many toys! A good friend of mine brought over a big box that a recliner chair came in. It has been awesome. Onna has spent HOURS playing in the box. It's been a house, a boat, a car, a ship... You might be able to see the tiger she colored on the side of it.

She has it FULL of animals. She's in it a lot. I'm not sure how she fits.

And of course, she has her guard dog out of the "deck" keeping watch. ;)

She also has babies. LOTS of babies. We play house a lot. Usually the "MOM" is on vacation. Onna and I are sisters and the babies are our siblings. We are babysitting. That "MOM" is really lucky to get to take all those vacations with that many babies! We sure get stuck babysitting a lot!



Here is her toy box. Not that many of her toys are ever in it. It's there though, just in case.

Can't forget Ponies.... She just got those out again last night, right before bedtime. One more thing on the floor...

Rugrats dollhouse: She has a Barbie dollhouse upstairs in her room. The problem is when I'm doing homework, I'm usually in the living room. With this one she can play, and she's right there in the same room where I'm working. She seems to like that.

Speaking of homework, she has her desk here. She does her homework and lots of other projects! This desk was actually MY grandpa's. It's seen a lot of homework throughout it's days.
And last but not least her "Jesus Set." This nativity set has been out for probably three years. She plays with it year round. She talks about the angel coming down from heaven, and the wise men coming to see baby Jesus. This is one of her favorites.

So now you've seen my mess. This is how we survive during the busy homework season. Yes, I could have her pick up her toys each time she's done playing with something. The thing is, she plays SO well while I'm doing my homework. She entertains herself by playing in an area, then moving on to the next when she gets bored. She knows when I have important things to get done. We are in the same room, and I can watch her, but she doesn't "bother" me. So it's a mess, but for right now, it's working.

No comments:

Post a Comment