Friday, August 13, 2010

I'm NOT ready!

I thought I was prepared for Onna to start kindergarten, but now that it is ONE WEEK away, I've realized that I'm NOT ready!

I had a dream the other night that I dropped her off in the morning. A huge snow storm went through and she play on a drift on the playground. While she was playing she got her clothes wet and broke her glasses. She had to spend the rest of the day in wet clothes with no glasses. Hopefully next week, I won't have to worry about snow! I do have a great fear of her glasses getting broken. At least now, for the first time ever, she does have a back up pair.

Then, as if my dream wasn't enough, I got the packet of info from school. It the reduced lunch form, the home-away-from home emergency sheet, bus route schedule, activity pass prices, etc. The packet was HUGE. It might take me until next week to get through all of it. I have questions about some of it, and I WORK at the school! Oh my!!

I also got my employee packet from the school as well. It wasn't nearly as big as the student packet. Some of her information will be helpful to have though! My point is, it sunk in. This is really happening VERY SOON. The worst part is, I have to drop her off, and immediately put a smile on my face and great my students. Many of my students know Onna. They know she's my ONLY child. Hopefully if I start my first day a little teary eyed, they'll understand. They might have to.

1 comment:

  1. Both you and Onna will be fine. Yes, it's an adjustment, but everything will be OK. You'll see. :-D

    ReplyDelete