Monday, June 7, 2010

Grandmas

Onna and I were talking about her Grandmas today. We mentioned Grandma Lela (my Mom) and Grandma Jean (her Mom). We also talked about Grandma May (my dad's mom). Then she said, "You forgot about Anna Mae!" That's John's mom. One of the last times we were at her house, John referred to his brother as "Uncle Paul." Later Onna quietly asked me "Mom, is he my uncle?" I explained to her that he is "Uncle Paul" to John's other nieces and he acts like an uncle to so it's ok to call him that if she wants to.

So today talking about Grandmas, she brought up Anna Mae. I asked her, "Is Anna Mae your Grandma?"

She said, "Well, YEAH!"

I said (not wanting to take that away from her- I mean I'm glad she feels that way. She just doesn't always feel so positive about John.), "Oh, so she acts like your grandma. That's fine if you want to call her that. I'm sure she'd like that."

Onna then argued with me. She said, "No, Mom, she's my REAL Grandma!"

I said, "so her son is your dad?"

She then answered, "Well, yeah, John's her son!"

John and I will have been dating two years in August. I think he better planning on staying. :)

1 comment:

  1. How sweet!!! I'm so happy for you and Onna that you have John in your lives!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete