Sunday, October 7, 2007

"You look tired!"

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that in the last two weeks, I think I could probably afford to take a few days off!

Apparently I look terrible because I've had students, teachers, my boss, people at the bank, post office, the golf course, pretty much everywhere I go someone is telling me that I "look tired". Well, I am somewhat tired. I've been working two jobs and taking care of Onna, but it's not like I'm about to drop or anything. I don't know what the deal is. I guess I'm glad that people are noticing, but I wish they would comment on the good days too!

Here is a recap of our week. It was Homecoming week here.

Monday was Halloween costume day. I didn't dress up, but Onna wore her skunk costume to daycare. Then I had a WIC appointment after school, so she showed everyone at the courthouse her costume. She had to get her finger poked, and she thought that was pretty traumatic this time. According to their scale she was 32 1/2 pounds, and is 34 inches tall.

Tuesday was toga day, so we didn't dress up. I had to go to Brookings with the Junior class for a college and job fair for the morning. I was already starting to get a migraine, so the bus trip did NOT help! After school we went to Madison to get Onna's bent glasses adjusted again.

Wednesday was Wild & Wacky day. We both wore outrageous outfits and had a lot of fun. I had a terrible migraine and if it wasn't for our after-school plans I would have called in sick! After school we went to Go, Diego, Go Live! The Great Jaguar Rescue in Sioux Falls. Onna has never been to a show like that before and she was fascinated. The show was at the Pavilion and we were in row CC (third row in the orchestra section) seats 4, 5 and 6. So we had amazing seats!! I don't think Onna remembered to breathe through the whole first act! She loved it!

Thursday I finally got into the chiropractor so my migraine began to feel much better. It was student-teacher reverse day. I wore swishy pants and a t-shirt. The daycare did pajama day, so Onna wore her pajamas. She was cute when we were getting ready, because I kept saying, "You need to get up and put your pajamas on." Finally she said to me, "Mom, you are silly. We don't wear namas in the morning!" I thought I'd explained to her what we were doing, but I guess I hadn't been clear enough! I don't remember what we did after school.

Friday was Homecoming. I always dread that day because we don't have class at all. We take the whole morning off and build floats, then have lunch and then do the parade. We dismiss from school at 2:00 p.m. Then there is a tailgate feed and football game in the evening. I dread it because there is so much unstructured time, and the kids have so much freedom. I'm nervous as staff that someone is going to get hurt, and the school will be responsible. But we got through one more year safely, so thank goodness for that!

Yesterday Onna and I didn't do a whole lot. I worked at the Golf Course last night. We have one week left out there! I'm glad in a way because we've slowed down so much that the shifts are boring. It's kind of a waste of time to go out there now, and it's hard to plan to be around to maybe have to go in for a few hours.

Today I'm working on a cake for Tuesday and getting some cleaning done. Mike's schedule is really busy too, so I didn't get to see him this weekend at all. He told me when I first met him that it would be like this, so I'm learning patience!

This week is looking busy too. Monday I have a Thrivent meeting. Tuesday Onna goes to Dr. Wallace. Wednesday and Friday I work at the Golf Course.

It's really crazy when we were looking at the calendar on Thursday at school an realized that we are almost at the end of the first quarter of school! Before you know it, it will be Christmas break! I'm not even ready to start thinking about that yet!!


1 comment:

  1. Wowzers you sounds busy.

    Take it easy when you can.

    I wish I would've taken the kids to Diego.

    ReplyDelete