Sunday, October 14, 2007

Biting update and Cute comments

I haven't posted anything about the biting problem at daycare for a long time, and I wanted to give an update. There was a new director that started shortly after all the problems that I posted. The daycare also finished a remodeling project that changed a common center room, into a toddler room. This split up the toddlers and babies and gave them more room to play, and more age appropriate toys in each area.

These changes took place over the summer and so I was a little nervous about how it would go when Onna came back full-time in the fall. (She'd only been going one day a week during the summer.)

Since she's been back this fall, she has only had an occasional bite. I would expect that to happen in a group of 10 two-year-olds. So I've been so happy with the changes!

I'd attributed all of the improvement to the changes I'd mentioned, until last Monday night when I talked to B-the biter's mom. She told me about some changes that happened in their lives as well. She said that B had been on Singulair for allergies, and that she checked the side effects and found out that it can cause gum pain, irritability, night terrors, etc. She said that they took B off of the Singulair and that almost completely solved the problem! I would never have guessed that was the problem! I feel terrible for all of the bad feelings I had toward B, even though I know she's only two and couldn't really control her behavior.

On to the next subject, Onna has been full of cute comments lately. I don't usually have time to post during the week, so I'm going to do it now.

The first one was last week when my mom and I were with her in Sioux Falls. She was talking about her birthday and how she's going to be "bee" (three). After sitting quietly for a few minutes she said, "Wow, that's a wot of numbers!"

One night Onna was a Grandma's house, and no one else was home with them. Onna was pretty worried about where everyone was at that evening. After some serious thought, Onna told my mom, "Mamma, a nice gampa lives here."

The last one was just the other night. We were at my parents' house again, and we were getting ready to eat supper. Onna was being very impatient while we set the table. My sister said to her "Onna, hold your horses." Onna replied "NO, I not have any horses!"

So that's about all I've got here. Today was the last day at the golf course. I went out there for two hours, and Dave and I cleaned coolers and the refrigerator. It is a relief to be done out there for a while, but I'll miss the $$.

Have a good week!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that things are going better for Onna at the daycare. Glad she isn't getting bit much anymore.

    Those are some cute, cute comments that she made. I just love the things kids say...it keeps me in smiles.

    Glad you life has slowed down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the biting issue is better. It is good the biter's mom recognized that it was a problem.

    So totally different subject. You haven't talked about Mike lately, how are things in that department?

    ReplyDelete