Saturday, January 8, 2011

25 Random Things About Me

Here is some random information you may or may not know about me:

1. My birthday is December 27th. The whole time I was growing up, I gave my Mom a lot of grief that it was NOT fair that my birthday was so close to Christmas. Then in 2004, I had a baby on December 8th. Now I know how that happens.

2. When I was growing up, I thought it was kind of creepy that my Grandpa was 14 years older than my Grandma. NOW, my boyfriend (who is amazing) is 12 1/2 years older than me. Most of the time I don't even notice the age difference. :)

3. I have worked very hard to get out of debt. Other than my student loans, I am almost there. I am very proud of this accomplishment!

4. I have three tattoos. I love them, and I would probably have more if I could afford them.

5. I never thought I would have an only child. Now that's looks like that's what my family will be and I'm happy with that. I have an amazing kid.

6. When I was little, I played school all.the.time. When I "grew up" I majored in business in college. Now I'm back in college to finish my education degree.

7. I enjoy swimming in pools, but I don't like lakes, ponds, or rivers where there are fish. It creeps me out.

8. Thunderstorms are scary, especially when there is a chance of tornadoes. I live in SD. I've seen them, and the damage that results. I like the basement.

9. Our house caught on fire when I was in pre-school. I watched it burn from our neighbors house. It didn't burn down, but the main floor was gutted. I still have a fear of fire.

10. I now date a fireman.

11. I have worked a wide variety of jobs including babysitter, hotel housekeeper, cook, waitress, office secretary, residential staff at a group home, teacher's aide.

12. From the time I graduated high school, until I settled into my current house, I moved 13 times in 9 years.

13. I've lived in my current house for almost six years.

14. I do a great job of keeping up on washing and drying my laundry, but it sits in the basket in my bedroom sometimes for weeks.

15. I would not survive without my dishwasher.

16. I have survived (and left) a domestic violent marriage.

17. I have the best family and friends a person could ever have!

18. I will student teach this coming fall.

19. Two of my best friends are girls that I've known since kindergarten.

20. I'm currently living next door to the house I grew up in.

21. I never wanted to live in this town when I was growing up. I wanted to go far away from here and never come back.

22. I'm glad my daughter is able to grow up in this town. Some of the kids she started kindergarten with are ones she went to daycare with. She started daycare at 4 months old.

23. Tonight is the Annual Firemen's supper. The firemen and their significant others get a nice meal and some entertainment. How exciting to spend some time with adults!

24. Mommy guilt, about so many things. I do the best I can with what I've got.

25. Diet Coke is my addiction. Don't catch me on a day without it. Oh wait, that won't happen. :)

3 comments:

  1. #15 - I can completely relate. Our dishwasher broke a few years ago and my dishes sat in the sink and waited for the new dishwasher.
    Our dishwasher broke a few months ago. My dishes waited until it was fixed. There will be NO handwashing of dishes in this house. (Unless someone besides me is doing it. These hands were not made to wash dishes)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got 3 tattoos too! And I would totally love more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always wanted to marry someone older. I figured that way I'd stay younger longer! lol My husband is 4 years younger...go figure!

    ReplyDelete