I have an idea for the 8th grade science class. They are learning about the Earth's interior. With my hobby of making cakes, I thought I'd incorporate that into the classroom. Most of the students in this class happen to be boys. What junior high boy, doesn't like to eat??
So Onna and I have a project this weekend. I think she'll enjoy it too! We're going to build a cake with the layers of the Earth's interior. I also learned a really cool technique in my computers class about Excel. It's a way to format a graph to make it show the colors exactly match what you want. See where my brain is going with this?
Each of the students will get a note MATCHING their piece of Earth cake. Hopefully their note will look similar to the piece of cake on their plate. They'll be able to keep the note for future reference and study.
I'm excited, and I hope it works. This is why I teach!
No comments:
Post a Comment